Friday, July 24, 2009

Thank God It's weekend


I had multiple "devil wears Prada" moments before I even had breakfast this morning. First stop, about 1 minute after giving me an excel task, my boss gently reminded me that "I don't mean to rush you, but this really shouldn't take more than 5 minutes". Just as I'm scrambling all over the place and thinking that I'm such a idiot for not possessing lightning speed, he demanded an article from wsj in which we do not have a subscription for. Of course, this is my problem, not his....

So, a big thanks to my good friend B, who picked up the phone so early in the morning to save me from having a heart attack. You are too kind.

The rest of the day was not as intense as the morning but busy still. My to-do list for Monday was running long before I finally left work at 6pm. I interviewed two girls in the afternoon, both nervous, unprepared, and spoke broken English. We end up deciding to hire the second girl, for her Columbia MBA status, for her ability to do analysis on excel, and for not giving me a two-page resume. As I write the acceptance email, I secretly wish she'd do better on the job than during the interview. After all, I have a little soft spot for my own people ;)

Off to a quick drink, have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments: