Monday, July 13, 2009

Living on the edge, literally

One dinning table and 4 chairs later, my studio apartment looks a little bit more complete. The only problem is the two chairs meant for the sitting area. They somehow manage to look really odd, like that new kid at school who refuse to fit in!

Here's something that's even more odd: Two Brazilian artists in Rio are living on the side of a wall. And by that I mean they sleep, eat, and work, all on the side of a building. The two has been doing this since the end of May as part of an art exhibition.

Now, I've always laughed at people who are big on exploring the "intention and meaning" rather than the presentation of art. But in the case of performance art, I'm even too lazy to make an argument for that. Let's not get into the whole debate again, it's getting old. The matter is simple: you call it art, I call it crap ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment