Thursday, July 9, 2009

The art of wording

More of Nicoletta Ceccoli's work

I'm really having trouble with the English language these days. First, I spent hours and hours trying to come up with a name for my company, I actually googled "good names for company". As it turns out, there are real companies that do it for you. One company proudly lists the following names as their genius creations and brain children:

1. Jigsaw (seriously, who pays for this??)
2. Doodad
3. Willy Nilly ( apparently this company's business is also naming, now what does that tell me?)

Since not many people actually reads this blog, I confidently assume that the above comments won't offend anyone?

Secondly, my dear friend informed me today that what I refer to as "funny or weird or creepy things" that happen to me in public are actually guys' way of flirting. Of course since I generally have no clue about it, my frozen stares or bitchy remarks always manage to drive them away....Now, you can't blame me, that's a language barrier too lol


Last but not least, I'm trying to draft a job description for the camera man and production crew positions that I'll be hiring soon. This is what I have so far:

Requirements:
5+ years in related field
Can eat nothing but fish for 3 months minimum
Able to live on open water with constant storms and other dangerous situations for 3 months minimum
Male only (sorry, Chinese fishermen are still superstitious about having women on their ships)

I know, base on this description, people would probably rather be foot fetish models than applying for these positions... (it's quite alright if you don't get the comparison here ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment