Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th July


For the first time since I moved here, I can hear the birds in the middle of the day, and could sleep till 12 without getting woken up by the non stopping traffic outside of my window. The Upper East Side is an empty town ;)

My heart felt a little better too. For the first time in a long time, I woke up in the middle of the day but did not feel bad for oversleeping. I made 4 espresso, savored it in my butterfly chair while browsing the web. I didn't check my email, I actually didn't feel the need to.

I opened my calendar for a second, quickly looked over the long running to-do list, and then closed it. I should be cleaning, or organizing, or making that phone call, or getting on with that task....not today. Maybe I'll actually have a weekend, I said to myself.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good 4th of july! You should have a weekend to yourself, you deserve it...now this sounds corny....:P

    ReplyDelete