Sunday, August 30, 2009

Typical Me

Today, I went to fix my favorite pair of shoes at the moment. It's a pair of black heels that somewhat resembles YSL's cage boots. A more subtle version of course. Going to the repair shop was a bit nerve racking. After all, every girl needs to have that kind of close relationship with her shoe repair man, and this was my first time in the new neighborhood.

Well, it went kind of well....he was old, smiley, and was kind and polite enough to tell me that he has seen shoes in worse state than mine. I liked him right then and there. After we settled the business on my shoes, with the same smiley face, he handed me the bill. There was a slight twitch on my face....keep smiling, I told myself. So I did, while handing him a debit card.

As I walked out the shop, I felt a bit stupid. After all, I forgot this was the UES, even shoe repair men were probably used to fixing Manolos or Chanel. Then I tell myself that it was still my favorite pair, so therefore worth the price. Hey, the gay ballerina at Union Square totally complimented me on it, he even did a little pirouette to emphasize how much he liked it. So what I paid $25 to fix a pair of shoes that cost $15? It could have been worse......

No comments:

Post a Comment