Monday, August 31, 2009

Can't Sleep....

At 12:10 am, 1 Advil pm soft gel

At 1:25 am, 2 detox food patch that also act like sleep aid

At 2:29 am, awake and blogging

In 51/2 hours, my alarm will sound and coffee maker will start......

By Paolo Roversi

Had dinner with H and his friend today. MJ was stressed out about his investment and asked for my opinion on how to deal with the ups, the downs, and the uncertainties, as if I'd know more than him. I told him I feel sick to my stomach 70% of the times these days because of all the uncertainties in my own life. Will I get that full time offer? Will I get it before daddy cut me off on the rent? Can I even deal with that kind of intense work hours? Will I have enough time to study? As I go through these questions that I ask myself on a daily basis, I realize that in the last two months, I have subconsciously replaced all of my old stress factors with new ones. The old problems are still there waiting for a solution, but they no longer seem urgent.

Was anything ever that urgent? Perhaps, some times in life, people get caught up in the self depicted "worst case scenarios", so they create too many unnecessary stress factors that's nothing but counter-productive. I can't predict what will happen in 3 months, I won't even know for sure whether for not I'll be able to wake up on time come Wednesday morning, so why spend time worry about it?

Just like when daddy tell me to believe in what I'm studying, not fight it, maybe we should all spend a little more time living, not fearing it.

Vogue Australia

1 comment:

  1. feel sick to my stomach 70% of the times these days because of all the uncertainties in my own life...I feel exactly the same.
    Carry on! tomorrow will be your first day in new job right?

    I'm busy with the 'car hunting' these days-,-!

    ReplyDelete