Wednesday, June 3, 2009

How much is too much

I always had this idea that public display of emotion is nothing but a sign of weakness. More than often, I roll my eyes at the couple on the street who just can not keep hands off each other, and the reality show contestants who break down in tears because they won, they lost, or simply because life is "so hard" on them. I started this blog because I want to have something to remind me of the passing days, to remind me of the pretty things that I liked, even just for a second. For this very reason, my writing so far has been nothing more than words that complement the pictures. I was afriad to reveal any emotion, I was dreading the idea of weakness.....But maybe, just maybe, I'm holding back a bit too much.
For a starter, I have to admit, I'm terrified. Terrified of all the uncertainties in life, terrified of the possibilities of future, or rather the lack of it, and further more, I'm absolutely terrified of what my life will become in two years, so much has been promised, yet so much is still up in the air. Tomorrow, I'll step out the door with my usual brave face and bossy personality, but for now, I take this moment to be vulnerable, just a little bit....
All photos by Anna Amphigorously

No comments:

Post a Comment