Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fashion Conundrum

Back in College (which isn't that long ago, really), I loathed the shorts, hoodies, and flip-flop look that occupied the campus like Catholic school's uniform. Sadly, I didn't dare break out my platform heels, skinny black pants, or fur coat, ok, maybe just occasionally....The point is, college dress code was so unsatisfying that I cried for the day when I can actually dress the way I want.

So it happened, exactly four months ago.


Now, with the official start of fall, my winter closet is approaching an state of emergency: there is no platform black boots yet, there's a serious lack of winter appropriate work outfit, and worst of all, there is no inspiration! It has never occured to me how difficult it is to put together a decent work outfit given that I'm going to be working for the rest of my life! Now, as much as I'd like to break out the torned legging with oversized T-shirt look, I can't! Working in Private Equity kind of require you to show up to work with pants. So I'm here, sitting in this fashion slump, drooling over inappropriate outfits that I'd like to wear:

From Garance Dore's blog
Yigal Azrouel Spring 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment