Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Miss Restless

Studio Cabrelli
Quiet and uneventful day. Got my picture taken for my profile on the company website. One coffee and a skim latte later, I'm here, catching up on the latest City episode, downloading all of Joanna Wang's music, and maybe, doing a bit work in between.

I'm feeling a little restless. Satisfaction in life always seems temporary. Channeling my inner Carrie, I couldn't help but wonder about all the days gone by, what ever happened to the once seemingly unlimited possibilities of life?

Sometimes I get the urge to pack a bag and get on the next plane, wherever it goes. A few times, I dreamed about going to that silent temple in India. Or maybe Barcelona, for Gaudi.

Joanna's music is playing in the background. She reminds me of Shanghai, the city that's forever reminiscing of the good old days. For a while I grew quite bored of that complex everyone seems to share, but ever since I made that documentary, it brought me right back to where I started.

Loving the quiet tree lined streets, loving the lazy afternoon at coffee shops, loving the old man in suit and old fashion hat, and loving the bitter cold winter that never snows...
Solange Wilvert by Yelena Yemchuk

2 comments:

  1. Feeling restless? how about helping your good friend clean his house? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that kind of restless....silly

    ReplyDelete