Monday, October 5, 2009

I had Chocolate Éclair for dessert tonight. Two, in fact. There's something very comforting about cream filled pastry. It reminds of me this particular kind that I ate as a kid, always on a train. I can't remember why that memory is associated with train, like it was the only place that sold that dessert. The pre-sealed package contained two pieces of seashell shaped dough filled with cream. The dough was always too thick and never crisp. I can't even remember what the cream filling tasted like, but the dessert itself was nonetheless fascinating, especially to a little Chinese girl who has never seen cannoli, Éclair, or a profiterole.

Little things like this make me think about how much have changed. Ming always says that he could hardly remember life before "us", the memory is so distant that it feels like a different lifetime. I think I'm starting to understand that now. As strange as it sounds...

Iekeliene Stange by Marcus Ohlsson

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhTxRssxfuI

    :) Something to make you laugh. I will post something new tomorrow. Have fun at work.

    ReplyDelete