Saturday, January 30, 2010

Happy Saturday


It's hard to get drunk on sangria, especially when half of the time I'm guilt-tripping over the amount of added sugar. This morning I woke up and almost religiously made a glass of honey water. Certain memories are purposely blocked out while other remains. Like the numerous time I woke up to Lisa's worried face. She'd make hot honey water out of her pink mug while mumbling something about how late I got back to the dorm or how concerned she was.....I'd act like a spoiled child and ask for second even third. In the twelve years living with roommates, memories with Lisa were certainly the best ones.

My boyfriend makes the sweetest honey water, literally. But I could never forget that first time, when he sat next to me patiently pouring hot water from one glass to another, over and over again until the water is lukewarm. He still makes it today. It's almost comforting knowing I can always wake up to a glass of honey water. Often too sweet, but no complains.

2 comments: